Laurel Elementary School Mission
Laurel Elementary School, in partnership with the community, will provide our students with a high quality education, within a safe learning environment, that will enable them to become successful citizens.
Laurel Elementary School Beliefs
- Successful citizens are produced through a positive, safe, and challenging atmosphere.
- All children are capable learners despite ability, race, sex, or socioeconomic status.
- Students achieve success through differentiated instruction.
- Intellectually challenging experiences foster critical thinking skills.
- LES students will:
- develop life management skills through intentional teaching of communication skills, problem solving, and coping strategies.
- develop self-discipline, respect, for themselves, respect for others, and respect for others' property through daily instruction, teacher modeling, and practice.
- work cooperatively through intentional experience provided in the educational setting.
- develop positive attitudes toward their physical, mental, and social skills by explicit teaching of these skills and teacher modeling.
- become actively involved in the learning process to reach educational goals.
- Involvement by parents and the community enhances the educational processes of Laurel Elementary School's children.